All Saints Catholic Academy
All Saints Catholic Academy aims to provide an outstanding education in a safe, supportive environment where everyone feels valued and able to make a positive contribution to the academy’s community.
We are a Catholic Academy, part of the Aquinas Catholic Academy Trust, working very closely with our primary schools to offer outstanding primary and secondary Catholic education. We are the first choice for Catholic education in the area but we welcome children from all faiths and none.
The academy has a very special, warm ethos which is recognised by all who visit. The academy’s last Ofsted report stated, “This is a good school with a good Sixth Form and the fast pace of improvement is because leadership and management are outstanding”. In a recent parental survey 95% of our parents agreed that the academy is achieving high educational standards and 97% would recommend the academy to friends, testimony to the hard work of staff, students and parents.
All Saints Catholic Academy are particularly conscious of the need to create opportunities for reflection, prayer and worship. Each day begins and ends with prayer and the celebration of the Eucharist is central to the life of the academy.
All students have the opportunity to attend Mass on Friday which is led by a different form group each week. We offer spiritual retreats to The Briars for all year groups and our Sixth Formers are involved in the Diocesan pilgrimage to Lourdes.
We value all of our students, and staff work tirelessly to ensure students in their care achieve well. We place students’ learning both academically and spiritually at the heart of all we do. We insist on high standards of behaviour and self-discipline to help students achieve and we have high expectations of our students, staff and of our parents. Ofsted stated “there are many examples of inspirational teaching
where learning tasks are skilfully designed to meet the differing needs of students.” They also said “in lessons, behaviour is often exemplary because learning tasks are fun, challenging and absorbing for students.”
Choosing a secondary academy is one of the most important decisions you make with your child. I would urge you to come and see us for yourselves and witness the high quality education we offer to our students. We look forward to working with you to ensure an excellent education for your child.
All Saints Catholic Academy – Mission Statement
Through Catholic values and principles, every person at All Saints Catholic Academy will achieve their full potential: spiritually, academically, socially, morally and physically.
As a school we will achieve this by:
- Putting God at the centre of our community
- Putting all our students first
- Accepting nothing but the best, we strive for excellence in all things
- Delivering high quality, well planned lessons, catering for the individual needs of each student
- Challenging under performance and providing support and encouragement for improvement
- Setting the highest expectations for manners, behaviour, uniform and standards of work
- Insisting on good manners, courtesy and respect at all times
- Providing a safe environment in which all can explore, develop and share their faith and talents free from any form of discrimination or abuse
- Practising our Christian responsibilities towards the wider community and our environment
- Becoming reflective and creative practitioners
- Showing willingness to change