St Philip Neri
On 1st October 2014, St Philip Neri school became part of the Aquinas Multi-academy Trust. Within the trust, there are four other schools; All Saints Secondary Academy, St Patrick’s Academy, Holy Trinity Academy and St Joseph’s Academy, Langwith Junction.
At St Philip Neri with St Bede Catholic Voluntary Academy, we are concerned with the growth of each and every child entrusted to our care. We strive to nurture their spiritual, academic, social and personal development emphasising the mutual respect we should all have for one another.
Children flourish if there is a partnership between the school and home. We welcome parental interest and involvement in school life. We encourage parents and children to sign our Home School Agreement and look forward to building a friendly and helpful relationship with you, your child and your family.
St Philip Neri – “We put Christ at the centre of our lives.”
The whole school community aims to:
- Follow Christ’s example at all times and grow in love, awe and wonder of Him.
- Make everyone aware that through Christ we take our own place in society acknowledging that our actions affect the lives of others.
- Give everyone the opportunity to develop their full potential within an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Ensure that within a balanced and broadly based curriculum everyone will be given the opportunity:
- To develop enquiring minds, with the ability to question, argue and think rationally and independently.
- Use number and language effectively.
- Develop physical abilities and aesthetic appreciation.
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life, society and employment in a fast changing world.
- Enrich the spiritual life of the individual through a varied and meaningful liturgy.
‘’This is what the Lord asks of you: only this, that you act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God’’ (Micah 6:8)