Age UK Notts and Connect
As part of a family of over 400 Age UK/Age Concern charities Age UK Notts work on a local level for local older people. As an objective, independent and impartial local charity, we work in partnership with a number of public and private sectors bodies, often as agents to deliver funded projects. We have provided innovative and invaluable support services to vulnerable older people in our communities for over 70 years. We are the largest local charity in Nottinghamshire working directly with older people, with every pound of funding going directly to benefit those in need in local areas. We currently:
- Have a turnover of over £3m
- Employ around 150 specialist staff
- Work closely with over 400 dedicated volunteers
- Support over 50,000 people each year in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire
Age UK Notts vision is:
A world in which older people flourish.
Age UK Notts mission is to:
Enhance the quality of life and promote the health and wellbeing of all older people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. Our values are:
- Compassionate Caring – We provide high quality care delivered with compassion through relationships based on empathy, kindness, respect and dignity.
- Enabling – We empower older people to live independently, achieve their goals and exercise choice.
- Respectful – We treat others as they would want to be treated, with dignity and respect.
- Quality – We strive for excellence and quality in everything we do.
- Dynamic – We are innovative, flexible, ambitious, passionate and driven by results.
- Expert – We are experienced, knowledgeable, professional and trusted.
- These values are the foundation of everything we stand for.
Our beliefs are that:
- Ageism is unacceptable
- Individuals, in all their diversity, should be valued
- Everyone has the right to exercise choice and control in their lives
- People should have the support they need when it is needed
- Everyone must be treated with dignity and respect
Our strategic aims are:
Aim 1: Working in local communities
We will involve and engage older people in developing a diverse range of activities which promote positive health and well-being, tackles disadvantage and creates safe, inclusive, sustainable local communities in which each individual feels valued.
Aim 2: Delivering quality services
We will design and deliver high quality, effective and efficient services that are person-centred, give choice, promote independence, well-being and enhance quality of life.
Aim 3: Campaigning and influencing
We will campaign and lobby for change on the issues that matter to older people.
Aim 4: Raising our profile
We will seek to make our organisation the charity of first choice for local older people, their families and carers. We will seek to engage other like-minded organisations and individuals to work with us.
To realise our vision, mission and aims we will:
- Put older people at the centre of everything we do
- Focus on priorities
- Generate sufficient resources to help fund the work of the charity
- Develop mutual partnerships that deliver the best for older people
- Assess, influence and respond to the external environment in which we work
- Encourage high-performing, well-motivated, adaptable and valued volunteers and members of staff
- Have efficient and effective support and communication systems
- Have a culture of continuous improvement
- Develop specific annual plans across all areas of the organisation